Jack's Wine Merchants Pty Ltd operates the https://www.jackswine.com.au website.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
- We will not use or share your information with anyone.
- We use your Personal Information for providing and improving the Service.
- By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Jack's Wine Merchants Pty Ltd is committed to compliance with the Privacy Act
1. What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information which is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. The specific types of information we collect include:
- While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, phone number, postal address, other information ("Personal Information"). The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on the Service and for our internal business purposes that form part of normal business practices. . However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of the Service. You may notify us that you wish to deal with us by not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym. However, if we are not able to collect personal information about you we may not be able to provide you with the products, services, information or assistance you require.
2. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information about you (and make a record of that information) in the following ways:
- when you create an account with us;
- when you place orders with us;
- when you make enquiries about your account or orders;
- when you take part in any competition or promotion that we run
- when you sign up to our email database.
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service's functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use and other statistics.
We may use and store information about your location, if you give us permission to do so. We use this information to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at anytime, through your mobile device settings.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
We use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We send a session cookie to your computer when you log in to your User account. This type of cookie helps if you visit multiple pages on the Service during the same session, so that you don't need to enter your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires.
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
3. How do we store your personal information?
Personal information we collect generally is stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
We may also engage third party service providers to assist in storing and processing certain types of personal information for us. Some of these service providers may be located overseas, or use facilities located overseas to provide us with services.
Retention of Information
We retain information for as long as required, allowed or we believe it useful, but do not undertake retention obligations. We may dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law that specifically requires the handling or retention of information.
4. How do we use your personal information?
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- to process your order or other request to us
- to send you marketing materials (but only where you have consented to receive those marketing materials or where we are permitted to do so by law)
- to enter you into promotions
We understand that your personal information is of the utmost importance to keep private, we make it a high priority to protect your personal information and we do not share your personal information with any third parties.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to Australia and process it there.
5. How can you enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact:
- Phone: 03 53321176
- Postal Address : 901 Sturt St Ballarat Vic 3350
How can you provide feedback about our management of personal information?
Australian Privacy Principle 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) allows you to make a complaint about any alleged breaches of privacy. In order to lodge a complaint with us, please contact us using the details above with the following information:
- Your name and address;
- Details of the alleged breach of privacy; and
- URL link to the alleged breach of privacy (if applicable).
Please allow us 30 days to investigate your complaint, after which we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue.